Water Damage Restoration in Aurora
Expert Water Damage Cleanup in Aurora Available 24/7
Water damage in Aurora can create serious issues in your home. It can lead to mold growth, foul smells, electrical issues, and even structural and foundational damage. But what causes water damage in the first place?
- Damaged pipes – Something as simple as too much water pressure or a faulty plumbing component can cause pipes to burst.
- Appliances – A problem with a pipe in a dishwasher, washing machine, water heater, or any other appliance related to water can cause leaks, which gradually and inconspicuously cause water damage.
- Sewage systems – Broken pipes or a clogged drain can cause more problems in the sewage system.
- Extreme weather – Floods and storms can directly damage everything on your property, from pipes and sewers to structures like fences and houses.
Many issues that cause water damage are subtle and easy to miss if you’re not a professional, which is why it’s best to play it safe and let our water damage restoration experts evaluate the problem.
For more information about flood damage in Aurora, contact us!
Common Causes of Water Damage in Aurora
One majorly overlooked cause of water damage is snow. Residents of Aurora receive 62 inches of snow per year, much higher than the national average of 28 inches. Snow and ice can promote mold growth inside a home or business, especially if the snow starts to melt in springtime and you have a small leak in your roof or foundation allowing moisture to settle into the interior of your home. Small leaks can often be the most insidious because they’re harder to detect and grow worse over time.
Snow and ice can also disrupt sewage systems and damage pipes. Icy temperatures can freeze the water inside pipes and increase water pressure inside, which can cause the pipes to burst. This kind of plumbing disaster can lead to even more water-based damage, so it’s important to stay on top of maintenance, such as keeping drains clean and fixing leaks.
The cold temperatures of Aurora, IL can also cause havoc in some of the older buildings in the city. The city of Aurora has been growing steadily since the mid-1800s, meaning some of the plumbing is due for an update. Old pipes tend to be more susceptible to breaking just based on their age and state of corrosion. Galvanized pipes, for example, often get clogged with rust and do less well with contracting and expanding with the current temperature like newer pipes are able to.
If your home is showing signs of water damage, 1-800 WATER DAMAGE of Aurora-Naperville is here to help—call (630) 228-1188 to schedule a consultation.
About Our Services
We offer services for both residential and commercial buildings because water damage is a serious issue for property owners everywhere. Some of the services we offer include:
- Water Damage Restoration – If water has damaged your floors, drywall, or paint, we can restore your property like new. This includes restoring major damage done to the foundation or minor damage to your upholstery.
- Mold Damage Restoration – Mold spreads quickly and pervasively, but we’re thorough in our removal practices and we provide remedies to prevent future mold from growing and spreading.
- Carpet Cleaning – Water damage to carpet can ruin it permanently, if not addressed quickly. Our advanced equipment allows us to target specific parts of your carpet that have been damaged by water, mold, or even simple wear and tear.
- Sewage Cleanup – A damaged sewage system leads to an unsanitary living space, so it’s important to reach out to us as soon as possible. We’ll fix your sewage problem and help make your home comfortable again.
At 1-800 WATER DAMAGE of Aurora-Naperville, we promise to arrive on-time and as fast as possible. If you have an emergency, we’re available 24/7 for immediate help.
For skilled water damage restoration or mold removal in Aurora, call (630) 228-1188 to speak with us at 1-800 WATER DAMAGE of Aurora-Naperville or click here to request a consultation.