MOLD REMOVAL IN THE HOME: DIY VS PROS
When people discover visible mold growth in their home, the immediate reaction is to want to get rid of it ASAP. Though it may be tempting to clean the area yourself, this has the potential to make the mold problem worse, and it can also have negative side effects for your health. The team at 1-800 WATER DAMAGE has put together the following infographic to help illustrate some of the reasons why it’s best to rely on certified professionals to take care of the mold remediation process.
Additional Considerations for Dealing with Mold
Pay particular attention to the state of your home towards the end of the year, and when the weather is at its worst.
- Minor damage to a roof or window can lead to leakages, which turn a room into a breeding ground for bacteria.
Prolonged exposure to mold can also have a detrimental effect on your health. Learn the signs above, so that you can take action before your long-term health is affected.
- If you suffer from regular rashes, joint pain, nasal congestion, or any of the other symptoms listed, it may be the result of unseen mold in your home. This must be removed as quickly and as safely as possible.
If you regularly have mold problems, consider making changes to increase the ventilation and reduce the humidity around your home.
- Opening a window for ten minutes each morning can help combat the slow build-up of moisture and mold, which can damage the aesthetics and structural integrity of rooms, including bathrooms, kitchens and bedrooms.
Find out more about our mold removal specialists, and find your local 1-800 WATER DAMAGE by entering your zip code at the top of this page.