Flood Safety Guidelines
As the remnants of a tropical storm or hurricane leave and flood waters begin to recede, our 1-800 WATER DAMAGE expert water damage repair technicians begin the restoration process to those communities impacted by the storm. Beginning with extracting flood waters, we work to reduce the moisture in the affected areas to help prevent mold from growing by utilizing industrial dehumidification and drying processes. Once the area is dry, we continue the decontamination, and reconstruction processes in your home or business.
After a flood, and only when safe to do so, we encourage the communities to follow these important flood safety guidelines from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration:
- Contact Your Family and Loved Ones – Let those close to you know that you are okay.
- Stay Informed – Continue to follow local news coverage and government officials for information and instructions.
- Avoid Flood Waters – Standing water can contain unseen chemicals and toxins, as well as dangerous debris underneath.
- Avoid Disaster Areas – These areas are often unsafe to untrained professionals, and you may hinder recovery efforts.
- Heed Warning Signage – Pay attention to emergency signage that will be erected to inform you of road closures and other safety conditions.
- Wait For the “All Clear” – Many homes and other structures may have had their structural integrity affected by flood waters, or dangerous live wires present. Wait until it has been cleared by authorities.
- Contact Your Insurance Company – Be sure to create a detailed list of everything that was damaged or destroyed by the storm.
Our hearts go out to the people impacted by these storms. 1-800 WATER DAMAGE is here to help in any way we can. If you need emergency assistance, call 1-800-928-3732 24-hours a day.