• Find Your Local 1-800 Water Damage®
  • 800-928-3732

    24/7 Emergency Service

Mold Removal in the Home: DIY vs Pros

Mold can grow in a variety of locations around the home and be treated in a range of ways. This means it’s important for you to have a basic level of knowledge of which mold you may find in your property, and when professionals need to be contacted to prevent your home from sustaining permanent damage.

Pay particular attention to the state of your home towards the end of the year, and when the weather is at its worst. Minor damage to a roof or window can lead to leakages, which turn a room into a breeding ground for bacteria.

Prolonged exposure to mold can also have a detrimental effect on your health. Learn the signs above, so that you can take action before your long-term health is affected. If you suffer from regular rashes, joint pain, nasal congestion, or any of the other symptoms listed, it may be the result of unseen mold in your home. This must be removed as quickly and as safely as possible.

If you regularly have mold problems, consider making changes to increase the ventilation and reduce the humidity around your home. Even something as simple as opening a window for ten minutes each morning can help combat the slow build-up of moisture and mold, which can damage the aesthetics and structural integrity of rooms, including bathrooms, kitchens and bedrooms.

Find out more about our mold removal specialists, and find your local 1-800 WATER DAMAGE by entering your zip code at the top of this page.

24/7 Severe Weather Links

National Hurricane Center (NOAA/NWS)

www.nhc.noaa.gov

Storm Prediction Center (NOAA/NWS)

www.spc.noaa.gov