Water Restoration Services in Gulfport
Water damage is an often-underestimated issue. Many property owners believe a leak or flood is merely a temporary inconvenience. In fact, some buildings sustain water damage without exhibiting visible signs, and water that could have been extracted without an issue eventually requires a massive and expensive overhaul.
At 1-800 WATER DAMAGE of Mississippi Gulf Coast, our years of experience, extensive resources, and unparalleled water restoration skills make us undisputed leaders in the industry. In our time, we have handled everything from pipe bursts to full-fledged catastrophes. When you call our team, you can trust we will care for your home or business with meticulous attention to detail and a commitment to your long-term health and comfort.
The longer you wait to treat water damage, the worse it becomes. Call our Gulfport water restoration professionals at (228) 901-8763 today.
Mitigating Water Damage in an Emergency Situation
In the event of a plumbing or natural disaster, knowing which steps to take first is always a challenge. If your building has flooded, call us immediately. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week because we know firsthand that some situations cannot wait.
While you wait for our emergency restoration team to arrive, here are a few steps you can take:
- Take care of electrical hazards if it is safe to do so. Unplug all electrical devices and, if the flood is extensive, turn off the main breaker in your fuse box to shut off the power. Electricity and standing water are never a good combination.
- Use protective gear if you need to touch or walk through the water. Flooded water may be contaminated with sewage, mold, and/or toxic chemicals. Gloves and waterproof boots will help you avoid serious health risks.
- After intense flooding, check for structural damage before entering the house. If your walls or floors are buckled, or the foundations are cracked, the entire building may collapse.
- If your property sustained serious damage, take extensive photos. To obtain coverage from your insurance company, you will likely need to provide proof of the damage.
- Do what you can to remove the water yourself. Depending on the severity of the flood, you may be able to mop up most of it. Otherwise, you will likely need additional equipment and should wait for our team.
- Open windows and turn off heaters or air conditioners. Mold grows best in damp/humid places. Keep the air moving, because mold can begin to take over more quickly than you might imagine.
When our team takes over, you can trust that we will fully restore your home or business in a methodical and efficient process. We work with a sense of urgency and use cutting-edge technology to ensure your property is as good as new by the time we leave.
The Not-So-Obvious Signs of Water Damage
While no one in their right mind would want to experience a severe flood, the benefit of a sudden disaster is that you are more likely to respond immediately. When a property sustains water damage without exhibiting obvious signs, however, you may not notice for weeks or even months. By that time, the damage may be critical.
Your property may have water damage if you notice any of the following signs:
- Changes to the shape or texture of walls, floors, and ceilings (e.g. softness or dipping)
- Peeling, bubbling, or chipping paint or wallpaper
- Signs of mold (e.g. discoloration or musty odors)
- Increasing utility bills (indicating a possible leak)
We have the equipment needed to detect and measure water damage throughout your property, but we won’t be able to provide this service unless you recognize the signs and give us a call.
Trust 1-800 WATER DAMAGE of Mississippi Gulf Coast to Restore Your Gulfport Property
Because we are a local company with the authority of national brand, home and business owners throughout the country trust our technicians to restore what matters most. We have an extensive history of providing customers with exceptional service and dedicated support, and we look forward to helping you in your time of need.
Schedule your appointment or call (228) 901-8763 to get in touch with our Gulfport restoration experts today.