Oklahoma City Mold Removal Services
Make Your Home Safe & Comfortable – Call (405) 331-6558
Mold spores growing in the walls, floor, and ceiling of your home are a serious problem that need your immediate attention. Mold that is left to grow will contaminate the air, creating serious health concerns, especially for people with asthma, allergies, or weakened immune systems. It is even possible for mold to cause wood rot, jeopardizing the structural integrity of your home.
The moment you suspect there might be mold growth in your home is the moment you should call 1-800 WATER DAMAGE of Oklahoma City for professional mold removal and remediation service. Our team can conduct a thorough inspection of your home to spot any and all places where mold is growing. Afterward, we will talk with you to outline a customized mold removal and remediation service based on your situation.
Why choose us for mold removal in Oklahoma City?
- We use methods that clean mold and prevent it from growing again.
- We have advanced mold removal technology and tools for cleaning efficiency.
- We are backed by BELFOR Property Restoration to ensure job thoroughness.
- We background check and certify all our professionals.
Prioritize your family’s health. Request a mold removal service today.
How You Can Tell If Mold is Growing in Your Home
Mold growth is rarely in a place where you can easily see it. In fact, it might be growing up in the attic, down in the cellar, behind your water heater, and many other places where you rarely look. With mold being so sneaky and selective where it grows – usually dark and damp places – how are you supposed to be able to catch it before it becomes a big problem?
There are telltale signs of mold growth you can more easily identify:
- Musty smell: If a room in your home smells musty throughout the day, even if you open a window, then it is likely that mold is growing in a nearby place unseen, like under the carpeting there. The musty odor may increase or worsen as the temperature or humidity in the room increases. For example, taking a hot shower may worsen the smell of mustiness if mold is growing in or near the bathroom.
- Stains: Sometimes the first sign of mold growth in your home is the formation of stains on the wall or ceiling. The discoloration is usually a shade of brown and forms in a circular or ovoid shape, which is how mold tends to spread naturally. Mold growth that appears this way may be caused by a weakly leaking pipe adjacent to the stain.
- Allergic reactions: There may be a mold growth problem in your home if you or a family member have been experiencing allergic reactions and similar symptoms without another explanation. Sniffling and coughing accompanied by a sore throat and itchy eyes are strong indicators of mold spores in the air.
Please be aware that mold growth is not a problem just for older homes. It is a common issue in newly constructed homes, too. Defects in new construction may increase the chances of mold growth, but be unknown until the home experiences its first rainy season.
One Team to Fight All Types of Mold
As unsettling as it may be, there is not one single type of mold that can grow in your home. Instead, there are about 35 different species of mold, five of which are common in households across America.
Five of the worst mold offenders in your home are:
- Alternaria: Grows commonly in unclean and damp bathroom areas.
- Aspergillus: Mold that can trigger highly dangerous infections.
- Cladosporium: Typically grows on wooden and carpeted surfaces.
- Penicillium: Grows rapidly after water damage is left unchecked.
- Stachybotrys Chartarum: “Black mold” known for being both common and highly dangerous.
Our team from 1-800 WATER DAMAGE of Oklahoma City has the equipment and methods needed to remove and remediate all sorts of mold. It is our job to protect your family and your home from harmful mold growth, and we take it quite seriously. Every service is completed as if we were working on our own home!
Request an estimate on a mold removal service in Oklahoma City by calling (405) 331-6558 today.