The Trusted Name in Fire Damage Restoration
The Electrical Safety Foundation International (ESFI) estimates electrical fires cause an average of 51,000 home fires in the United States every year, causing approximately $1.3 billion in property damage. If your Rock Hill property has been through an electrical fire, contact 1-800 WATER DAMAGE of Rock Hill immediately. Our Rock Hill restoration experts have many years of experience and top-of-the-line equipment to repair smoke and soot damage, remove odors, and make your home feel like normal again.
What You Need to Know About Electrical Fires
Electrical fires are the leading cause for fire damage. Many homeowners know that power outlets should not be overloaded to prevent electrical fires, but they may not be aware of other electrical dangers.
Common Causes for Electrical Fires Include:
- Old wiring – On average, the electrical system in your home can last between 3 and 4 decades. If your electrical system is older than this, it’s important to have it inspected by a professional. Rock Hill has many beautiful older homes with out-of-date wiring. This wiring does not comply with the National Electrical Code and could put you and your family at risk.
- Faulty outlets – Property fires can also be caused when older appliances are plugged into faulty outlets. Because the electrical system is not equipped to handle the power demand of these appliances, the outlet will fuse, causing a fire hazard.
- Extension cords – An extension cord comes in very handy throughout the house, but it is important to note that they are only meant to be used as a temporary fix. Overusing extension cords can overload your circuits, causing them to overheat and possibly spark a fire.
- Light fixtures – Often, homeowners install light bulbs with higher wattage than the light fixture is designed to handle. This causes overheating and melting of the wiring and materials in and around the light, which is a serious fire risk.
We’re Here for All of Your Rock Hill Fire Damage Restoration & Smoke Clean-up Needs
The aftermath from an electrical fire can be incredibly overwhelming. We understand what you are going through, and we are here to make the fire and smoke restoration process as easy as possible. If your Rock Hill property has sustained fire or smoke damage after an electrical fire, contact 1-800 WATER DAMAGE of Rock Hill right away. We will work quickly and efficiently to restore your home or business to its pre-incident condition.
Click here for more information on fire damage.
Are you ready to learn more about our fire and smoke damage restoration solutions? Call 1-800 WATER DAMAGE of Rock Hill now at(803) 233-2767.
Request A Quote Or Service Today