The Trusted Name in Fire Damage Restoration
What You Need to Know About Electrical Fires
Electrical fires are one of the most common reasons for fire damage. While it is common knowledge that power outlets should not be overloaded, many property owners may not be aware of other electrical dangers.
Common Causes for Electrical Fires Include:
- Old Wiring – The average electrical system lasts between 30 to 40 years. If your system is older, it’s important to get it checked out. Many older homes have out of date wiring that does not comply with the National Electrical Code and thus present fire hazards.
- Faulty Outlets – Many home fires are caused when old appliances are plugged into faulty outlets. The electrical system may not be able to handle the power demand of these products, causing the outlet to fuse.
- Extension Cords – Extension cords were made to make our lives easier. However, they’re meant to be used temporarily. Overuse of extension cords can overload your circuits, causing them to overheat and possibly spark a fire.
- Light Fixtures – Lighting fixtures are another common reason for electrical fires. Too often, individuals install light bulbs with higher wattage than the light fixture can handle. This leads to overheating and melting of the wiring and materials in and around the light, all of which are serious fire hazards.
We’re Here for You
Dealing with an electrical fire can be dangerous and stressful. If your property sustained serious fire and smoke damage, it is important you contact our skilled fire damage restoration specialists. Our courteous, friendly professionals work quickly and efficiently to get your home or business looking like new again.
Click here for more information on fire damage.
Call 1-800 WATER DAMAGE now at(800) 928-3732 to schedule your service with a fully-vetted and highly-skilled member of our team.
Request A Quote Or Service Today
What Our Customers Say
On any given day, water damage emergencies affect about 14,000 homes. Water can enter your home from a water emergency…Read More